View Single Post
Old 03-12-2017, 03:06 PM   #32
padredw
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2224
Send a message via Skype™ to padredw
Wink

Quote:
We are now on our 5th RV, 4 of them 5th wheels. We've NEVER had any problems with the RV refers, even up to outside temps of over 100 degrees.
My experience as well.

I wouldn't try to convince anyone, not even suggest to anyone, but just to report of our experience of 20 years and almost 100,000 miles of fifth-wheel traveling--not full time, but trips of a month or so.

We have had four fifth-wheels, each of a different brand. All had stock RV refrigerators. Our first was a well used model. We had to replace the cooling unit in that one. All the other fifth-wheels we bought new. All the refrigerators worked great: ice cream firm, etc. We have traveled many miles with the refrigerators OFF. More recently we have been using the propane while traveling. Of all the problems we have had, the refrigerators (except for that first one--and it was a total failure with a leak, it worked fine before failure and after replacement) have never been a problem.

Now, I know posting this is a challenge to FATE, and I may pay the price. But I am not challenging those who have a different experience or opinion.
padredw is offline   Reply With Quote