View Single Post
Old 11-24-2005, 03:10 AM   #8
Wrenchtraveller
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4890
JH, Congratulations on a great purchase. Just be sure and check the air pressure before you tow.

Two weeks ago when I picked up are 06 2955RL, I was assured the tires were all at 80 PSI when we did the walk around. I drove it 60 miles home, handled like an absolute dream behind my 05 F350 4x4 CC LB V10 and when I checked the tires the next day, 3 at 78 pounds , slide side front was only 18 pounds, and did not look that low in PSI. I fired up my compressor and took it to 80 PSI.
Four days later it was down to 30 PSI so I have a slow leak in the tire or the rim, but it does show the air pressure was not checked just before I picked up the unit. Have fun picking up the new unit. My wife and our just love ours and we have been going out and having a glass of wine out in the Montana and the more time we spend in it , the more we like it.

Montanas are absolutely beautiful and your poor old Wilderness will pale in comparison.
Our last Fiver was a 95 Kit Companion and it was a reliable old cheapey but still a cheapy.

So long for now and tell us more about the unit when you get it home, Don.
Wrenchtraveller is offline   Reply With Quote