Thread: Carlisle Tires
View Single Post
Old 11-23-2009, 09:51 AM   #28
soonerhooligan
Established Member

M.O.C. #9086
Tom S. you felt the need to state your expertise, so how about mine? 36 yrs and one month with Michelin North America in manufacturing quality. Your statement about "Keystone" being out of the loop is so off base. At my location our O.E. customers are Honda, Toyota, and Ford. If these manufacturers find one thing wrong with ONE of our tires they are all over us. We have to respond as to how the problem occured and what we are going to do to see that it doesn't happen again. If we don't live up to their expectations they will break a contract in a minute. Is it any wonder these are the top quality cars and trucks built in the US? They buy the best quality components that they can get. They expect alot from their suppliers. Buy comparison, GM buys cheap tires for their O.E. fitments. We don't do alot of buisness with them. They are not willing to pay what the other compainies will pay for our tires. Back to the Keystone issue, they are buying the cheapest tire they can get by with. Our complaint is that they are dangerous. They are putting their bottom line ahead of our saftey. I don't buy the arguement of putting cheap tires on entry level RV's. I don't see how their safety is any less important than those of us with top of the line Keystone products.
soonerhooligan is offline   Reply With Quote