View Single Post
Old 01-31-2018, 09:10 AM   #28
WeBeFulltime
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11397
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred S. View Post
To WeBeFulltime, I realize the air bags just level the truck, that's why I had them installed. The dealership had our 3791 weighted from the factory and it was 13,325 dry, I figured loaded it was a little over 14,000 or more. Does your new 3791 have that pull out tray in the back of it?
I recommend you take your complete rig as ready for travel to include all passengers and full fuel tank and have it weighed on a certified scale such as a CAT scale that will give axle weights. Then drop your trailer and weigh the truck by itself to get axle weights. You can use the figures to calculate your pin weight to know what your truck is CARRYING. There is a big difference in the terms what your truck can tow and how much it can carry. I think you will be surprised because I know I was. Although I am within limits (barely) on my 2012 F350 SRW PSD I did have to install a higher rated hitch.

Yes, we have the pull out tray in the back and love it but do have to be careful about weight distribution to not put too much back there and make the pin too light.

Full Timers 9/1/2010 through 1/16/2020.
WeBeFulltime is offline   Reply With Quote