View Single Post
Old 07-11-2008, 03:47 PM   #11
eeoski
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8297
When I did the PDI (used the ones from this forum) on our 2955RL it took me about five hours (no joke!) to complete the inside and outside. We were fortunate that Lazy Days has you stay at least overnight in their delivery lot (with hookups) so I didn't have to worry about feeling pressured (well, to be honest I wouldn't haver regardless as this was a significant investment on our part and I figure that if they really want me to complete the purchase they'll just have to wait until I am sure I am happy with what I am getting). I also had them repeat everything they went over with us on how things worked. A clipboard, computer printout out of the PDI (at least two), a digital camera (to supplement my memory and notes), and my laptop (where I transcribed my notes on the electronic PDI and then sent via email to my customer service representative along with the photos) where extremely helpful to the process. Staying over on-site allowed us to use EVERYTHING at least once (even the heater though it was in the 80s) to make sure we had no further questions AND that, at least initially, there were no problems to fix right away (there were).

I reviewed my notes after the "walk around" with the service representative and then made up a list of follow-on questions for the next day. "Bella" did not leave the lot until the problems were either fixed or the parts were put on order (should be in now and we'll be arranging an appointment for warranty work).

You "own" this process...remember, at this point they are overhead and you are profit...without you taking delivery there is no profit!

Oh, and keep a good sense of humor...it tends to get you a better response from the service people!

Robin
eeoski is offline   Reply With Quote