Thread: 3400RL Weigh In
View Single Post
Old 07-15-2007, 05:57 PM   #17
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
Actually, Phil, my July 19, 2006 build date made me a 2007, but they were still putting 6,000 lb axles on the Montana at that time.

Phil, I really feel your pin weight is suspect - therefore your calculation for your total trailer GVW is suspect. If you had another model of Montana, I might think that pin weight might possibly be valid. But the 3400 is the traditionally the lightest pin weight model.

I may be way out in left field, but if, after several months of fulltiming, I am running 13,820 GVW with a pin weight of 2,580 (and we have a VERY heavy 4" king size memory foam mattress topper and we also have that rather heavy slide out tray in my basement), I think that would be a very standard pin weight. Your 3275 pin wt is almost 700 lbs more than me.

There may be 3400 owners out there that approach that pin wt, but from what I have read on this forum over the past two years, that would be surprising to me.

Phil, I would get another weight - maybe from a CAT scale - to double check that weight before you sell the farm... Not saying you are not overweight in some areas, but that pin weight for a 3400 really makes me wince...

Maybe other, more seasoned, MOCers will be able to set me straight on this.
dsprik is offline   Reply With Quote