View Single Post
Old 08-25-2019, 02:06 PM   #12
vipermanden
Montana Master

M.O.C. #18510
One should always tow with a TPMS sensor setup. It tells you temp and pressure of each wheel. Second, weigh your rig when loaded to see if you are balanced evenly or are over loading one axle over the other. Another thing to do would be to raise up each side so the tires are off the ground, and spin each tire and they should spin fairly freely and note any odd noises. Do this to all 4 and see if you can see a noticeable difference. My bearings were not greased enough when they came from the factory, and my mechanic greased them up properly for me. I also was saved by my TPMS system when I hit a major pothole, and the front right tire started heating up and the pressure started to rise. Turns out the brake adjuster arm and spring had come off and were floating around inside the hub. Got it fixed in short order. If I had driven my next leg with this condition, who knows how bad it would have got? You really will have piece of mind with a good TPMS system. I have the TST 507 flow thru system.