View Single Post
Old 05-29-2019, 02:51 PM   #11
jetskier
Montana Master

M.O.C. #22360
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffba View Post
Now if only folks could tell me how they like them........

I loved everything about on my old trailer except for the extra rise needed to clear the ball with electric jacks and the air bag. If you were off level, it would be an issue with the range of the jacks to clear the ball and then lower the trailer enough to be level. This only happened on unlevel sites where the front of the trailer had to be lower. With the 6 point hydraulics I don't think it would be an issue. If the air bag is inflated to 50psi (max), the coupler pivots downward an inch or so (unloaded). Second issue was aligning the ball with the coupler. You have to be close since there's no large capture plate on the Goosebox. Third issue, I've hit the tailgate panel while pulling away. Just about ripped the plastic cover off the inner panel with the folding handle on the Ford step tailgate. I removed it completely now and just put a regular non-handle panel so it's flat. It works great clearing the neck of my goose neck dump trailer.

Other than those issues, I'd probably get one for my 3790 in the future. The bed being open is great.

I never used the safety chains. I had them in the trailer storage just in case I was in a state that required them, but was told by Reese they met the J2638 test standard and weren't necessary (that's why they aren't included)