Thread: Goshen visit
View Single Post
Old 05-06-2004, 02:16 PM   #1
OntMont
Montana Master

M.O.C. #122
Goshen visit

Hi,

We just came back from visiting Goshen. Toured the Montana Plan and took a look at Pla-mor campground (site of rally). Kind of a preview for the Montana rally in September. The plant tour was great. I was really surprised at the number of changes, small and large since our 2002 was built. There are still major problems getting ovens. They put ovens in when they have enough for a whole week's production, otherwise it a convection oven. Big Sky models get ovens first. They started putting in the "Corian-like" granite impregnated fibreglass countertops with stainless sink and single lever faucet in all models just this week, these will be 2005 models. We have taken a few other plant tours, but this one was the best. Very open and eager for suggestions for improvements.

We met a couple on the tour who were staying at Pla-mor. They told us it had just changed ownership, and the new owners were just starting to take over this week. I'm not sure if this has any effect on the Rally plans, might be worth double checking to make sure that the new owners know about it. We also took a look at the Elkhart County Fairgrounds. This is close to the plant and is not too bad for camping. There were about 250 HR Diesel Pushers there for a Rally at the time we looked in.

In spite of having taken one tour, we are still eager to go to the rally, there a lot of things that I simply missed looking at as we went through the plant.

OntMont
2002 Montana 3255RL
2001 Silverado 2500HD Duramax
2001 Border Collie to ride herd on us.

OntMont is offline   Reply With Quote