View Single Post
Old 01-11-2018, 12:47 PM   #1
dieselguy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3085
Placing an order at Mickey D's

I know I'm a bit out of sync with how daily life plays out now days, but that is on purpose. I don't embrace everything that whomever decides what goes and what doesn't today. Take McDonalds for instance. We drop in a Mickey D's on the north side of Wichita to grab a quick bit to eat on the way out of town. We walk up to the counter like always and before we can utter a word ... we are whisked away to one of four touch screen order stations in the lobby by an employee. There with much guidance, we go thru the order screens checking off what we want and finally get the order placed ... then when we say we are paying with genuine American dollars ... the "deer in the headlight look" comes over the employee. The kiosks are swipe a card only ... he had to go behind the usual counter and get our change. I don't know about your experiences with counter employees, but we've found they are many times challenged in placing orders themselves on the regular screens we don't see. Examples are like if you only want ketchup and pickles or if you want a salad instead of fries. Soooo to wind this down ... why would Mickey D's marketing people think getting totally frustrated placing your own order correctly at a kiosk then walking out is going to drum up business or perhaps cut down on the number of employees per shift? There is a low percentage of these order screens around town, but I surely hope it's not a trend to come at other businesses.
dieselguy is offline   Reply With Quote