Thread: Diesel prices
View Single Post
Old 02-29-2008, 03:38 PM   #17
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Quote "While most Americans fuel their cars with gasoline, most of the products they buy are transported by trucks, trains and ships that burn diesel. While gas prices are unlikely to rise as high as $4 a gallon, diesel may well pass that psychologically important level this spring, boosting prices of nectarines, computers, clothing and virtually every other consumer product, said Tom Kloza, publisher and chief oil analyst at the Oil Price Information Service in Wall, N.J.

"It's everything that gets shipped," Kloza said of diesel fuel's impact on the economy. "That is the one that is much scarier"

"Rich, just to clarify, those countries are not importing but EXPORTING the oil to the United States. Canada is our number one supplier of foreign oil.' OOpps///I read it right but said it wrong.

The subject fires me up We will blame everyone but where the blame lies..Us our government and our policies.Most of the greed lies with the folks who manipulate the Commodities market and that is us..I do not entirely blame the oil companies for the large profits..If we will buy at any prices..why not. Steve& Brenda...That is a fine post..but no body wants to hear that.it is easier to blame anyone else.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote