Thread: Long Road Trip
View Single Post
Old 06-03-2017, 06:37 AM   #10
timandsusan
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5165
Welcome to the Long Timers! We have been RVing for 11 years and have always taken trip from 6 week to 4 months. Like you we have taken care of the stick house, bills, prescriptions, etc. As a retired engineer, I have to plan--maybe to much but I enjoy researching places and things along our route. You can read about our travels on our trip journal page--shown below. My wife and I both drive but she prefers divided highways--I take the other roads. We have found that staying a week or more in popular places really lets us see and do things we like and take the rain day that will happen as a time to rest. During peak travel times--July and August--we make reservations in popular places like Santa Fe, Durango, and others. Also we have left the RV at a park with the power hooked up but the water disconnected so we could go on short or up to a week excursion. (Also store the satellite antenna)--we did that to take a trip to Crater Lake, float the Colorado River thru the Grand Canyon--just some examples. Have fun, enjoy meeting other RVers and see the country.
Our trip journal is http://www.mytripjournal.com/millingtontravel
Any problems with the website, send me message.
timandsusan is offline   Reply With Quote