View Single Post
Old 11-19-2006, 11:41 AM   #1
Cyrus
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6535
Hi to all from new member

I am still trying to understand the site. I posted the following on the new member corner and just figured out that I should have posted here.
Here it is again:

Thanks for the greeting. I am new to camping, retired for over 12 years. We bought a 24' Trail-Lite trailer about a year ago to use for my hobby, skeet shooting. I camp at the clubs, not campgrounds, with electric and sometimes water. There could be anywhere from 4 campers to 40 at these events with the purpose being a camper vice a motel room. My wife was not interested in this so the small unit was my choice.

We used the Trail-Lite for a couple trips to campgrounds with our daughters & their families. One has a 38’ 5th wheel Cardinal and the other two roughed it. We decided we needed something more comfortable and with a tub(wife requirement) if we were going to become campers so we upgraded last month to a Mountaineer 329RLT 35' 5th wheel with three slides, after a lot of looking. Wife not real interested, mainly provided specifications. We already had the truck, 2005 Ford F250 diesel 4dr, my toy.

Our first trip was to a local skeet shoot, 35 miles from home and my wife came up for a couple nights. Found this unit has a lot of room for two people and should work real good to carry family members without campers allowing our family to do things together.

Our second trip was to Luray, VA the first weekend of this month, campground was full. More learning experiences with pulling the mountains. My truck came with electric break control and the transmission held the camper back on the downhill side, good experience. Sat night it dropped below freezing, had to change hoses and put water in the tank.

Being retired, I think I can really get into this way of life. I don’t see many Montana Mountaineers on the site?
Cyrus
Cyrus is offline   Reply With Quote