View Single Post
Old 08-15-2018, 03:45 PM   #21
ingalmi
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #21665
Quote:
Originally Posted by GO ARMY View Post
Hello everyone i have a newbie question and need assistance I have tire issues that came with my2017 Montana 3921 fb has a massive thread wear on the inner side close to the chassis the on both tires (rear) the wear was so bad the metal wires are showing, I notice the wear on the last leg of my trip I was blessed that I made it all the way to the camp grounds without blow outs and yes they are SAILUN S637 been traveling all year put in about 6500 miles on that tire. The info that all you guys posted was great to a newbie like myself couple of guys told me in the camp ground that I might have a camber Ng problem because of the wear and might be an axle problem from the factory since it was brand new not even a year old. I always do the right thing during travel by stoping every 2 hrs not overloading the trailer and a balance load (learned from the military) specially when the weather is hot I tend to stop more and check tire pressure. I went to the nearest camping world for advise but no help at all they told me that call keystone and tire manufacturer or drive the trailer in their location no help at all I told him that the tire were shot and I live in the trailer. Any help/ advise is greatly appreciated I apologized for using this tread for my issue. Thanks in advance this is a great forum/group for all newbies .
So here is an easy check to see if you have a bent axle, go to the hardware store and buy an 8’ piece of angle (aluminum). Place the angle lengthways across the rear and front tires on each side. The angle should touch across both tires if not the tire where it doesn’t touch equally is the problem and would indicate a possible axle or beam issue meaning it lost it’s preinstalled “bend” which would cause both sides rear to wear on the inside. Good luck!

Mike & Anita
2017 3921FB, MoRyde LRE4100, Xfactor, Pin Box, Titan Disc Brakes
2016 RAM 3500 DRW, Cummins
ingalmi is offline   Reply With Quote