View Single Post
Old 07-23-2018, 09:56 PM   #44
Mr. C
Established Member

M.O.C. #21177
I traded my 2005 2500HD Duramax for a 2015 3500HD Duramax SRW. My 2500 only had 92k miles on it and I hadn't only minor problems. Things that my Banks programmer caused and put me in limp mode a half dozen times. Never buy Banks but that's a different story.

Bought the 2015 3500HD Duramax LTZ 3 months ago, had 39K on it. It was just what I was looking for. SRW and a long bed. My brother wanted me to get a dually since he has a 2011 GMC. I do not need a dually with my 3582RL and did not want one to drive around here in the Dallas/Ft. Worth metroplex.

I will say 'wow' what a difference 10 years makes. The new truck is smoother riding, advanced technology and handles the Montana great. Although we have not been able to go on a long trip yet due to me still working and just starting a new crew change where I work. The short trip we went on the truck pulled a lot better. The new exhaust brake and tranny control is going to be nice.

I wouldn't be afraid to take your 08' Duramax with only 140k on it anywhere if it's been taken care of. I've seen several with over 300k on them and still going strong. Also don't be afraid to trade for a newer one, you will be happy with it also.
Mr. C is offline   Reply With Quote