View Single Post
Old 10-13-2013, 05:17 AM   #21
JandC
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13272
When I was 17 years old the Army trained me to drive trucks. What always stuck with me was the driver pre-trip inspection/maintenance procedures. I could service my rig, knew almost everything about it, and almost every nut and bolt got checked daily. As a military driver you found the problems before they left you stranded on the "road with the load". That was important hauling equipment around Germany and really important hauling a full load of explosives in a flat bed in Nam! My point is, when we purchased our Monte I was comfortable hooking it up, dropping it, backing, and pulling it, but I needed experts to give me information on my maintaining everything. This forum has tons of folks that have been pulling RV's all around the country for years. These are the experts that I can learn from. I may not agree with every opinion or post, but I have learned a ton about my Monte and how to safely maintain it through this forum. Because of the forum I am confident that our upcoming extended travels will be safer and less expensive.