View Single Post
Old 02-10-2010, 08:08 AM   #1
Bill-N-Donna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7110
Having fun or just board.. Is this your Montana?

This is somewhat interesting where you can use Google Maps and get street view photos almost anywhere in any city now. I looked for a few campgrounds and you can virtually see people’s campers in some searches. Here is one that shows at least two or three Montana’s in this park.

Open up Google then click on “maps” then type in “171 Casting Lake Rd” it will give you an option to click on “171 Casting Lake Rd, Miramar Beach, Walton, FL 32550“ select that option then zoom in on the main photo and then drag the little gold man at the top left of your screen to the roadway that shows Casting Lake Rd and you will get a bird’s eye view of someone’s Montana. It looks like they are getting ready to leave or are just getting set up. As a matter of fact you can see them in the photos. The quality isn’t good enough to tell who they are but who knows it may be one of us. You can move around on the screen following the line and get several different angles.

Your Montana might be in a Google search of a park somewhere. I found our truck and PT Cruiser sitting in front of Bob Evans in Portsmouth, Ohio when I Googled it using the map and the Bird’s eye view. You can search for your address and you might possibly see your home.

Have fun!