View Single Post
Old 07-24-2015, 03:09 PM   #30
Dam Worker
Montana Master

M.O.C. #17164
Chris like I said until somebody with that unit actually comes forward with an actual scale weight I can't accept guessing. Have you ever wondered about how safe it is to have a dually compared to a single rear wheel truck? I will be completely sold on that concept when they have dual front wheels. I would be more worried about a front tire blowout than a rear tire blowout. Almost all big trucks that I have seen stranded along slide of the highway have been front tire blowouts. Wow what a concept to think about. Is a dually a bit safer than a single rear wheel? Probably unless you have the dreaded front tire blowout which I am sure never happens with that heavy Diesel engine sitting right on top of those two single wheels. I don't really care what rig you tow with as safety mainly starts with how you drive.
I have had countless CDL drivers pull out in front of me causing unsafe conditions. Their are also those that try to intimidate you by driving on your rear bumper. It mainly boils down to how safe of a driver you are.

Tom Marty