View Single Post
Old 11-25-2013, 03:24 AM   #24
scott-pati
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12894
In regards to the truck choices, Chevy, Ford and Ram. Several things pushed us toward the Ram.
You can argue all day about HP/TQ. All 3 brands are able to tow 5th wheels with no problems. 50 more HP or TQ is NOT going to make any difference in towing to the already high powered engines that they all have. Since I been working on cars all my life, the decision to go with Ram was simple for me. Just look under the hood on all 3 brands, that should give you the first clue. The Ford and Chevy engine compartments are stuffed to the gills with hoses, wires etc. Now look under the hood of the Ram, lots of room for easy maintenance even if you don't do the work yourself, it would cost less in the long run.

Plus on the Ford, they have to remove the whole cab section to preform certain tasks, and the Chevy has to have the fenders removed for certain tasks.

Over the years for the Ford and Chevy trucks various companies have made there engines, but now they are made in house and still have issues depending on the year that it was made. Todays engines are to new to determined how good the quality is yet.

The Cummings diesel have a great reputation over the years.

This is just my opinion and my findings and forum readings and talking to techs that drew my decision to the Ram. I'm sure everyone else that bought a Ram, Ford or Chevy has there reasons for there selection, this was mine and HOPE this does not turn into a heated debate.

You can not do wrong with buying any of the big three, just buy what you can afford, features and comfort level and you'll be very happy.
scott-pati is offline   Reply With Quote