View Single Post
Old 04-02-2012, 01:37 AM   #31
Bigboomer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12333
Funny you ask Jay & Betty, I did not know either until it was explained to me that certain dealers request from Montana certain paint options, etc.

Our dealer had this one brought in with the front nose painted the Navy blue to match the exterior decaling, etc. to make it stand out from the typical rig without going to a Big sky paint option.

Not a big deal but then they get a chance to put the words "custom" on it.....in other words "sales gimmick".

It did not affect us one way or the other since everything else on the rig was something either Montana offered standard or as on option such as the slide awnings, etc.

Our PDI went well with a few exceptions that we will need the rig brought back to the dealer for some items they had to order from Montana (new headboard to replace the stained one, new slide awning due to one with a slight tear on it it and a new lavatory sink due to scrastches in bowl).

The dealer did a really great job prepping the rig and we spent another 3 hours going thru it again on Saturday for the walk thru and final PDI.

I have to say that even with our truck we noticed a big difference towing between the Mor-Ryde hitch and suspension. The rig did not bounce nowhere near as much as our previous 5'er and there was less herky jerky. Even the DW noticed right away.

My next mission will be to add a solar system into our rig so we can be completely off the grid.

With the way Montana front compartment is laid out it will be a lot less of a hassle then the one I put in the last rig that is for sure.