Thread: Paul Update
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2009, 09:54 AM   #4
Wayne and Carolyn Mathews
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7445
Kathi and Paul, I know that hundreds of MOC prayers are going out for you and have been for some time now. You and Paul have made one of the toughest decisions now, the one when you judge whether or not you've reached the "enough is enough" point. I personally believe there's grace in living out one's days peacefully, uninterrupted by the trips to and from hospitals, clinics, chemo and/or radiation facilities, or whatever else is involved in continued last-resort treatment. My mother made the same decision, to spend her remaining days in peace, visiting with her friends and family, rather than being interrupting her days with daily and uncomfortable rides to and from the hospital where she lived. She was so grateful to her doctors for giving her the best, most pain-free quality of life possible after she made that decision.

Kathi, your tribute to Paul brought me to tears. It's clear that he made you and your life special and that you have done the same for him. Thank you for sharing his goodness with those of us who don't know either of you. God bless you both.

Wayne and Carolyn
Wayne and Carolyn Mathews is offline   Reply With Quote