View Single Post
Old 11-15-2010, 07:29 AM   #1
H. John Kohl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #311
Send a message via AIM to H. John Kohl Send a message via MSN to H. John Kohl Send a message via Yahoo to H. John Kohl
Ann's Cancer is Back - Prayers Please -update

All,
Ann had her appointment with her Oncologist today (15 Nov). The results from the CAT, PET, Brain MRI, Bone scan and Rib Biopsy are back. The DR. confirmed her Non-Small Cell Cancer (last was Sep 06 – Jan 07) has returned in the original top right lung and in the left Ribs number 6 and 8. This type of Cancer normally goes to the brain and that is not the case with Ann. This is listed as a Stage 4 Cancer but as the DR. says the mass size is small which is good. Focus on the mass size not the stage.

Radiation on the ribs is requested immediately to ease the pain. Note: the trip to emergency room 21 Aug in NY and 21 Sep in Goshen are probably cancer based in the early stages.

Chemo treatment will start after the 29th of Nov.

We are canceling our winter stay in Florida and just focusing on fighting this battle.

The DR. wants Ann to stay positive and not worry about the stage 4 reference. Quality of life is the most critical right now.

Dear MOC Family and Friends,
To keep you up to date on Ann's health condition, I created a CaringBridge website. You can follow her progress and show your support.
Visit my website in two easy ways:

1. Visit my CaringBridge website by clicking the link below.

2. Enter my website name, annkohl, at www.CaringBridge.org.

Show your support
• Visit and keep up to date.
• Leave a message in my guestbook.
• Receive e-mail notifications when my journal is updated.

Thank you.
H. John

CaringBridge is a free, nonprofit web service that connects family and friends to share information, love and support during a serious health event, care and recovery. Feel free to contact CaringBridge if you have any questions about using the site or need assistance.
H. John Kohl is offline   Reply With Quote