View Single Post
Old 07-16-2018, 10:08 AM   #9
Dan and Audrey

M.O.C. #20958
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaFlockers View Post
Time for an update, decided to go with a local RV outfit (Fla Ga RV Repair) and pay out of pocket (even though still under warranty) vs going back to CW. Called them on a Sunday and they were out in about 2hrs. Tech went up and said AC bolts were not tightened down. Once again, this forum provided great insight, read above posts. I watched and when he tightened 4 bolts the AC unit dropped about 1/2" all around. A day later another downpour, and leak was significantly reduced but still a leak. Called them back and this time owner + helper came out. They figured that while it was loose some debris might have been lodged under the foam gasket. They pulled the unit (that was simple) and inspected the gasket and wiped the rubber roof clean. Some of the rubber roof around the leading edge was wavy and they were concerned about putting it back down and there being a seep point. So they slightly lifted the rubber roof around the holes and slipped a 1" Wide x 1/16"(?) Thick rubber material around all 4 sides + the middle. The rubber material slid under the rubber roof created a slight rise for the AC unit to sit on. So between the thorough clean, slight rise, and reseat no more leak and we've had plenty of rain in the FL Panhandle to OPs check the fix. Just to clarify, the rubber material slid under the rubber roof creates sort of a dam around the AC unit.
Sounds like you found the right shop to have it repaired. Would you be so kind as to give me the information on the repair facility so I can add it to my list of places that do good work. I am often in or passing thru the panhandle. Thanks
Dan and Audrey is offline   Reply With Quote