View Single Post
Old 02-19-2007, 11:52 PM   #10
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
I've done many random acts of kindness this winter. The park we are in is a 55 plus park and many of the folks are actually 65 and 70 plus. As we all know many of these folks can barely drive straight down the Interstate and will get totally lost trying to back in some of the easier sites and if the site is the least bit tght they are totally bewildered. This park is not the easiest place to park a rig so I always try to be there for them if they need assistance getting them rigs parked. Many times when they have numerous arrivals at one time park management will ask for my assistance. Not with just 5ers but TT's and MH's as well.
Also this year we've had unusually high winds. We've have had way too many days with steady 20/25 MPH winds and gusts up to 40+ MPH. These same 55+ folks don't seem to know how to secure their awnings in the down position and to make matters worse they just love to hang tacky lights and other do dads on their awnings. When the winds pick up they will be struggling trying to their awnings back up. More than once I've been up in the middle of the night helping them get these awnings up out of harms way. Sometimes even before I've put my own up.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote