View Single Post
Old 05-22-2009, 09:06 AM   #5
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
I don't think you ever get rid of all of it. We stopped totally the up and down movement by adding scissor jacks, bolted to the frame, behind the rear wheels. Just snug them so they don't lift the rig off the rear stabilizers. We have the JT equivalents from Camping World. They work pretty well when on a hard surface and not too much up and down angle. They work less well when on a soft surface (it helps to occasionally tighten them up as the rig settles into the softer ground.

Also, we use the between wheel BAL units, snugged tight as we can get them.

First, we put the yellow chocks behind the rear wheels, then back the rig into them so they are good and tight. Then the yellow chocks ahead of the front wheels, snugged with a rubber mallet. Then the BAL between wheel chocks. Holding those wheels good and tight seems to help. Then we unhitch and level the rig. Then lower the rear stabilizers one turn past snug. Next we tighten all the JT's as tight as we can, then bump the front landing gear up three quick bumps to put some tension on the JT's. Robbie Simons told me that trick and then when I called the JT equivalent mfr, the guy told me to bump them slightly to tension them. He said they don't put that in the manual as people will overdo it and might damage them. So three quick bumps is my limit. Last, I lower and snug the scissor jacks behind the wheels. This works well on concrete or blacktop, not quite as well on dirt or gravel but still much better than nothing.

Good luck.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote