View Single Post
Old 07-28-2007, 04:00 PM   #3
ols1932
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1944
Stiles,
Sorry to hear of your experience. Smart thing taking it to the Ford Garage.
I experienced the same problem in 2002. Had the transmission repaired by AAMCO. It failed just after warranty expired. Had it repaired by AAMCO again and it failed in three days under warranty. AAMCO repaired it. All three failures were the same problem. Oil blew the seal. It failed again within six months and was rebuilt by a transmission shop in Blythe, CA and that transmission failed in 10 months under warranty. Had to pull the transmission (we were in Texas), ship the tranny to Blythe. They repaired it under warranty (I had to pay for the removal and replacement). Six months later that tranny failed. The Blythe transmission shop would not warranty it nor did they reimburse me for the prior removal and replacement as they agreed to do, even though the transmission still had 19 months left on the warranty. Present transmission was put in by Stayton Ford in Stayton, OR. Never have had any additional failures in the past two years. Installed a larger auxiliary cooler and an ATS deep pan (holds about 8 additional quarts of oil). Temp gauge has never shown any overt heating.

The lesson learned? Take the vehicle to the people that know, not to any fly-by-night shop or franchise shop that hires green kids off the street to do their work.

Orv
ols1932 is offline   Reply With Quote