Thread: Level up / ATF
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2013, 07:42 AM   #4
Irlpguy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12935
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Montana3800RE

Delivered our trailer to Pendelton Or. for the 2nd go around with the Frame Flex issue, also mentioned that I have a hydraulic jack leaking as it has been for several months, and the dealer that looked at it before could not find the leak, the service rep at Keystone in Pendleton asked if I had added ATF to the system, like many have added on here to help stop the creaking that goes on from expansion from heat to cold, I said no, he mentioned that the ATF is not good for the Level Up, interesting he said this as mentioned many on here have been instructed to use the ATF by Lippert and Keystone, so what is the correct answer, ATF or Not?
Ron here is a link that might answer your question: It will certainly tell you the service rep knows diddly squat. Note the caution at the bottom of the page.

http://www.lci1.com/images/Flyers/LI...mmendation.pdf

Regarding the popping, I believe Lippert came out with a service bulliten which recommended the use of an oil that is used in motorcycle forks, I was unable to find the bulliten, but that was not an ATF oil.

Hope the "New" flex fix works out, but I think you and I know better.

Irlpguy is offline   Reply With Quote