Thread: Battery Power
View Single Post
Old 10-11-2006, 01:55 AM   #67
Steve and Brenda
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6364
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by dsprik

Steve, I have a question... The LEDs look great, but their max operating temp is listed. Does this mean, I can't use them on my outside scare lights, if the ambient temp rises over 85??? This will obviously be a problem in most areas during the summer months.

*On Edit~ Oops! Sorry... that was 85 CELSIUS (~185 F). Better not get that hot where I'm going. Didn't research that page. What does a white LED cost? (921-75 angle of viewing).
The operating temperature is indication at what ambient air temperatures that they will function, not the amount of heat they will dissapate. With a 35 milliamp draw these lamps will not get even warm to the touch

These lamps are not cheap as the technology for LEDs to replace a 100-year-old technology of indancescence is well established. Look for $7 to $10 per lamp for the really high intensity lamps. You'll have to look at the wattage of the lamp you wish to substitute and then find the LED equivalent. Also, decide how many lamps you want in your Montana to have the LEDs. Not all the lights in my RV are used on a regular basis, maybe the key lights in the RV can be outfitted with LEDs as a cost savings. Here's a quick Google link:http://superlumination.com/906.htm
Steve and Brenda is offline   Reply With Quote