View Single Post
Old 08-27-2018, 12:48 PM   #6
rohrmann
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12947
When the cooling unit failed the first time on our 1210, it was replaced with a new Norcold unit. Maybe five months later, it failed again, this time due to a leak. Norcold honored their warranty to replace the part, but not labor. We finally got the new unit installed, and prior to it's install, I had ordered one of those ARP devices, and installed the boiler temperature sensor prior to the techs installing the new unit. I then completed the wiring install after the unit was installed. The freezer regularly keeps ice cream frozen hard and the fridge keeps sodas and beer very cold. As long as these units are kept level when they are running, they should last a long time. The ARP devices sense a boiler temperature that exceeds a safe level and shuts the fridge off, then after an hour or so, checks the temp and restarts the fridge cooling unit. Excess temperatures in the cooling unit causes crystal development in the cooling fluid and can also cause cracking of the tubing of the unit, which is the big cause of failures. A leak failure can also be the source of a fridge fire, due to the flammable ammonia gas that will leak out. Needless to say, I have been very happy with the ARP device. I also do not have any affiliation with the ARP people except being a customer. https://www.arprv.com/
rohrmann is offline   Reply With Quote