Thread: wi-fi booster
View Single Post
Old 12-22-2012, 02:13 PM   #10
Gkerlin
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12221
I work Full-time from my rig when we are traveling and we travel 4-6 months of the year.

My office phone is mounted in the camper and I connect to our servers in Albany, NY via VPN so a reliable connection to me is critical, so I usually don't even mess with outside WIFI if available.

Here is my phone set up.

For the past 4 years I've been using Verizon. I've had several different devices, currently using the MIFI 4510L.

When needed I have an omni directonal antenna, and then if further needed I have a Wilson signal booster for 3G and a SureCall Booster for 4G.

I have to say that we have motored all over the place the last few years and I can count on one hand the times that we have camped where I was unable to get a signal.

This trip I have had consistent 4G almost everywhere. I have speeds that rival the speeds that I get at home on TW Business Class Cable.

I've gotten all my booster equipment and antennas over the years from the 3G store and I can't say enough good things about those folks. If you have questions you can chat online with them and they'll give you the straight deal.

When it comes to using any sort of cellular data in an RV, Boat, Truck, or whatever - I suggest that you give these guys a call. They'll steer you right.
Gkerlin is offline   Reply With Quote