Thread: Level Ease
View Single Post
Old 07-23-2010, 11:01 AM   #6
bobsals
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #10232
My question for the LevelEase folks was a wiring question. The 2010 Montana Mountaineer comes with a wireless remote system that controls awning, outside security lights, rear stabilizer jacks, slideout rooms, and the front landing gear. In the LevelEase directions you are directed to remove the factory up/down switch in the side compartment and connect the LevelEase to the old switch wires (the LevelEase replaces the factory switch). My question was what if anything do I need to do with the remote portion of the electric circuit? Will the front jacks still be operable if needed by the remote control?
The answer was simple. No, you can not use LevelEase in conjunction with the remote setup. The LevelEase circuitry would be backfed and burn out diodes in the unit. The Tech told me that they had just got done replacing one under warranty just for this cause. The solution was simple, and even easier than removing the factory switch. Simply disconnect the wires at the jack motor and connect the LevelEase wires there directly to the motor. Just cap or tape off the disconnected wires. Quick and easy answer and solution. After the job was complete all I did was make up a label for the factory swith that said "DISCONNECTED" and put it over the swith.
bobsals is offline   Reply With Quote