View Single Post
Old 07-12-2016, 04:22 AM   #8
dieselguy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3085
I've had several RV's and all fridges have formed ice on the internal fins to some degree ... a bit of frost/ice is normal. I've never been able to run on (3) Dometic nor Norcold and keep them as cool as I want (36 - 38F). If you have resistance from sliding a dollar bill all the way around the door, that tells me your door is sealing properly. I can't answer your question to temp around the door frame, but feeling around my stick houses' residential fridge's door frame ... it is cool to the touch. Actual boiler temps should be in the 360F range on a hot day. The temps on the bottom two runs of the absorber tubing should run about 120F or better during the day. Just because your 110VAC electric heating element is making heat doesn't necessarily mean it is operating properly for your unit. Check the amp draw of the element and note the voltage at the plug near your fridge. Multiply the two together to get the watts. Check to see what your units watt requirement is for the heating element and compare. Your calculation should be + or - 10% of requirements. You should be able to do better than 40F especially if you take a temp reading first thing in the morning.
dieselguy is offline   Reply With Quote