View Single Post
Old 09-17-2017, 05:18 PM   #1
vipermanden
Montana Master

M.O.C. #18510
Left rear tire on Monty worn way too fast

I measured the depth of the tread on all 4 tires of my 2017 3820FK Monty, after our first 2,500 mile trip, and they were all perfect. Since then, I have just watched the temp and psi readings on our TST tpms, and they are always within a few degrees or a few psi, unless the sun is on one side for a long time. Anyway, on this last mountainous trip, going over the Teton pass of 10% grade for 5 straight miles, ugh, I noticed getting ready to make our last leg home, that the left rear inside tread was totally gone, and the strands below the rubber were starting to show? How could this happen to this one tire so fast? We are not full timers, and do not carry any water with us, so we travel pretty light compared to most. We have weighed our fiver a couple of times on highway scales, and it has always been in balance front to back. I have not had the chance to measure side to side, but like I said, we don't carry anything heavy with us. So is there a bent axle, or is the "Correct Trac" system messing up, or is the Morryde suspension messing things up? I put the spare on, and went the remaining 335 miles home, and so far the tread wear seems normal for that spare? Any ideas? See the pic attached. It was worn on the inside of the tire, so I am not sure if this happened on one leg, or for the last 10,000 miles? But still every other tire measures really uniform for wear.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9035.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	238.1 KB
ID:	594