View Single Post
Old 11-29-2010, 04:43 PM   #8
Guvner
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #10832
Finished it up. When all was said and done with the shopping for a TV I went into Walmart Friday morning at 1 am with the wife as her guard. A guy came up to me and asked me where to get the tickets entitling you to a cheapo Emerson 32 inch HDTV. It was only 720P but it only cost $195 making it the cheapest LCD I had bought up to this point including the original 19 inchers. I did have to borrow some pillows and a chair and wait till 5 am but that was only about 15 minutes longer then it took my wife to finish buying presents for the immediate world. It weighed in at 19 lbs without the mount so I think I can feel good about leaving it in the campground when I'm not there.

I stuck to my guns with the "Level Mount" brand name... Here's a picture of it. It mounts to one stud or the thing I made in the previous pictures if you're after strength.

I ran two hdmi connectors along with one coax for the antenna into one box. I ran a 110 volt duplex receptacle in the other box. Attached the "Level Mount" mount and then attached the TV to the bayonet like connector for the "Level Mount". I'm putting an extra mount in my weight room downstairs so I will be a little more inclined to exercise this winter. Not sure I like carrying the TV back and forth or not yet but it's now an option since I've given it two homes. Here's a couple pictures of the final deal.

and

Some of you asked me if I'd post this if I did it so I'm doing that. I would have moved that mirror but it was apparently liquid nailed down from what I could see. I like centered much better but didn't get the choice. The TV is slightly tilted down and to the slide with the couch on it. The left side rocking chair gets it nicely too. All the dish and DVD playing stuff is in my original entertainment center. My antenna is going through the outside shower which I wouldn't dream of using anyway along with the twin Dish connectors which will hook up to my outside dish. I attached all the wiring that went from underneath the cabinet over to where the TV is now in the basement with conduit supports. I may make a little improvement on the part you can see looking down your hamper door by covering it with that split plastic PVC you see on cars and boats. Other then that it's pretty done.

Thanks for all the help with my camper too...

Gary
Guvner is offline   Reply With Quote