View Single Post
Old 05-12-2017, 07:53 AM   #19
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeRoamn View Post
I hear you, as a buyer it is not unreasonable to expect the complete rig is ready to go when you pick it up. But with that said, reading the warranty and owners manual on a new rig reveals some of the pitfalls in this industry. Montana only covers the Keystone parts, i.e. walls, cabinets, roof. All of the "parts" supplied by other manufactures like chassis, axles, refrigerators, AC's etc are covered by their own warranties. It's dumb, but until we stop buying RV's they will continue to turn out less than ready for prime time products.

I can't find it at the moment but I watched a video from a local news station about Keystone and the rebound of jobs in Goshen. Not sure the employees were told to look busy but if the video is anything close to true, you can see how these trailers are slapped together to meet production quotas/deadlines. No wonder there are issues!
The Elkhart/Goshen area is working at more than 100 % capacity
.They can not get them out the door fast enough they are stored everywhere or get enough transporters to deliver them. Un employment rate in the area is around 3% and they say that reflects the unemployable. IMO the out the door quality is no better now than in the depths of the economic slowdown.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote