View Single Post
Old 03-04-2019, 05:40 AM   #17
Mtncrash1
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #21598
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loneoak View Post
Are we talking about the rack that is attached to the rear of the trailer? If so, I am also interested in how much weight we can put on there, only my concern is only when we are parked.

Here's the issue. We are parked for the winter in a park in Florida. We have a small freezer outside, which is in contravention of the park rules. It has been against the rules since we brought it here 9 years ago. They have never said anything. Apparently this year, they are talking about clamping down on outside appliances. A lot of people have fridges and freezers outside.

If they come down on us about it, DH wants to put it on the back rack. Not only would it not be visible from the road, but he figures then it will be part of the trailer.

This explains my wondering about the weight we can put on the rack. Not only would the freezer weigh a certain amount, but I would have to climb onto the rack to access the freezer, which would add my weight to the mix.
On. My 17. 345rl the max I can put on the rack is 250lbs. A small loaded freezer and you will probably be more than that. I would suggest you put a couple of jacks under the back corners to help support the weight and, also not to transport the freezer there.

2017 HC 345RL
2015 F-250
Mtncrash1 is offline   Reply With Quote