View Single Post
Old 01-02-2007, 07:36 AM   #7
deerrahn
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4828
Our leak in the shower showed up after we started using the unit for more than a couple of days at a time. The basement was wet under the shower. I had noticed that the putty around the drain seemed to be coming out prior to that. ANYWAY: When they put the shower in, the drain hole did not line up with the hole in the floor, so they put it in anyway and tightened it down. DUH I guess that shows the intellegence of the worker that did it or just did not care and did not want to fix it and do it right. I got my drill and a big drill and made the hole in the floor larger to line up with the shower drain first. Then found out the furnace return was in the way by about 3/8 of an inch. I called my dealer and relayed the problem to him. He said to do whatever and we would fix it when we got home. I used the hammer to bend in the furnace return. After that the drain fit straight down and no pressure to cause it to be bent sideways. Since then, no problems with the drain. Looked to me like an engineering screwup. Whatever, it works and works right and it did not hurt the furnace return. Hope you have this good of luck.
deerrahn is offline   Reply With Quote