Thread: TV oil change
View Single Post
Old 12-29-2022, 10:12 AM   #38
dieselguy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3085
I totally get the "dealership service loyalist" point that you have a dealership's service records to back you up should any issue with your truck occur. My personal negativity over the dealer service issue is a taste in my mouth I just can't spit out. bigred's mentioning of "they check other things and suggest what I need" sums it all up. My son and a long time friend since high school have both worked for years at different dealerships. They both have enjoyed their paychecks over the years, but have mentioned more than once about how hard it is sometimes to see people taken in by the service manager's speal about all that needs attention to their vehicle. It appears that it was a miracle in itself that their vehicle was able to make it under its own power to get to the service stall for that oil change. Yes I know some of you are so close to your dealer mechanic that you have them over for Thanksgiving Dinner, but in today's world the naïve owner is at the mercy of legions of service managers wanting or pushed to make that extra buck.
dieselguy is offline   Reply With Quote