View Single Post
Old 06-05-2019, 02:42 PM   #22
Mel B.
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #19469
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theunz View Post
While most of the cheaper import tools ,wether gas or electric, work well initially, one must consider the availability of parts and service in case they fail when out of warranty. The major Japaneese manufacturers usually have a good parts and service network. The cost of the Champion, being about 1/3 of the Honda's however, would certainly make taking the risk a viable option.
Yep! I bought my Champion 3400 inverter with remote starter 2 years ago, I added the propane regulator and absolutely love it. I run it on gasoline but a few time while boon-docking I have hooked up a propane bottle to it, (Very nice option) I have never used the pull start, and my wife loves the remote start when I'm not around. I just had my first problem, it would not turn over with the remote. I called the distributor that I bought it from. He said the receiver may have went out $27,00 and a new receiver and it still would not turn over with the remote. Another call to the distributor he said he never see's the actual remote not work but he sent me a new one free of charge and it solved the problem. I'm a champion believer and for the $$ with a triple fuel option and the remote start, I'll stay with champion.