View Single Post
Old 05-09-2005, 11:57 AM   #16
SRD
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #722
Hi RMccord and welcome,
We have the 315 RLS Mountaineer. It's an 03 and bought it new. Basically, same model just doesn't have the bedroom slide. We did our shake down run in a state camp ground in St. Augustine which didn't have full hookup. Worked out good, since we have 2 teenagers, you can image the gray tank filled pretty quickly and slightly backed up into the shower. Found out we had a small problem with the connection of the shower drain to the drain pipe to the gray tank and water was leaking under the shower tub from that connection. The dealer fixed and have not had any problems since. We live in Melbourne, so like Jeff's our went though 2 hurricanes last summer, I just tucked it next to the house and filled all the holding tanks and it did fine, no leaks at all. We have the awning over our slide and like others have said it helps keep "stuff" off the slide top. We had the dealer install electric outlets where the main awning connects to the camper, that way when we plug in our "happy lights" we just plug them into the base of the awning. I enjoy reading what Fulltimedreamer and Steve Azstar have done since I have a similar model/floor plan. Anyway as you can see you'll get lots of good info from the forum. Good luck with you new camper. Have fun.
Steve
SRD is offline   Reply With Quote