View Single Post
Old 03-16-2018, 07:01 AM   #6
Theunz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #18384
With the legal height being 13'6" in most states, you're...well illegal in most states. Can you stand back and tell the difference between 13'6" and 13'9"? I didn't think so, and I doubt anyone else can. So now what are the chances of being ticketed? Ahh, can we say nill..... Unless you strike an overhead object, think bridge, telephone wire, tree limb, ect. I drove semi's at 13'6" in town for almost 40 years and can't even count how many telephone and cable tv wires I took down. Oh, and for every one I took down, there were probably ten I backed away from. Now, scince I was not over the legal height, I was not held responsible for any of them, EXCEPT the one I did on private property, most height limits don't apply to private property. Now, let's talk about tree limbs! Do you like having a nice pretty finish on the front and sides of your trailer? Guess who's going to clear the road of all the limbs between 13'6"" and 13'9"!! Even with my trailer at 13'5" I look like a snake going down some of the tree lined roads to keep from scratching up my rig. You can probably get by with your height, but man are you going to have to vigilant (as we all shoul be), scince you have the added burden of being overheight.
Theunz is offline   Reply With Quote