View Single Post
Old 10-10-2017, 08:23 PM   #1
jeff_banning
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #20129
Did they resolve the infamous A/C problem? Maybe

Even after the PVC in the returns and vent modification my A/C did not work as it should.

Well after opening a case with the Attorney General of Arkansas and a letter sent to Camping World by the Attorney General I got the attention of the GM of Camping World regarding my A/C issue and the inability to cool the camper.

Camping World sent a truck to pick up my camper and they jumped into the middle of it last week with airflow meters and temp gauges. They also promised to pull both A/C units and scope all ducts and wha-la, problem found. The main A/C unit was not centered over the hole in the roof. Flow meter went from 93 to over 400 according to the GM and temps dropped another 7 degrees.

Problem now, holes in roof where it used to be mounted. The GM stepped up and got Keystone to approve a new roof which is being done this week. If they meet his timeline, total time in shop this time, only two weeks.

GM says template used was wrong or factory slid unit over to meet maximum clearance disregarding lining up over hole... either way it is believed based on initial tests that flow quadrupled out of front two vents and was little over double on back vents.

GM say if this fixes mine he has 4 more waiting for same and suspects same diagnoses.

And... I now have the cell phone number of the GM of Camping World in Lowell AR.
2017 Ford F350 King Ranch DRW 6.7L PS 4:10's
Monett, MO
jeff_banning is offline   Reply With Quote