Thread: Tent Dwellers?
View Single Post
Old 04-01-2012, 07:06 AM   #11
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
Even today, I still tent camp, backpack and use a tent, backpack and use no tent (if weather and bugs cooperate) along with RVing. I even have a tent I can mount on my truck bed. I don't try and profess whatever I do over someone else's preference because I can do it all when I choose.

There are so many extremes for camping and as long as respect for others and where you are is maintained, then what's the harm? Even when I tent camp next to others, I have so many cool gadgets and gear to make camping more convenient that the neighbors still give me the "what's up with that?". I prefer to forego any "my way is better than your way" discussions, then invite them to have a cold one and set a spell and I've also reciprocated their invitations. All is good.

I think calling them tent dwellers is probably not a good idea, but in this topic's case, to make the point that everyone should respect and tolerate everyone else, this is appropriate. I stick to tenters, packers, RVers, etc. and respect what they've chosen. I've met some tenters that cause more ruckus and noise than us RVers. It's not the method, it's the people behind it.
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote