Thread: Kitchen faucet
View Single Post
Old 09-26-2007, 10:30 AM   #9
Blord
Established Member

M.O.C. #7545
I went onto Moen's website last night and left a message for their "technical" department. Today they called me ... phenomenal experience the lady didn't have an Indian accent. She was knowledgable and a pleasure to talk to! I guess I'm getting old and cynical!

Anyway, the faucet model in the 07 Montanas is the Extensa. If you go on their website and look at the pictures of their faucet it would appear that we have the model 87315 Series however this is incorrect. They redesigned the head of the Extensa so that the new ones have 2 buttons to select between spray and stream. The chrome hose and the check valve in the end of the hose identifies the model as the Extensa.

She said that there were two check valves in the system. One is located in the head itself and the other is located at the opposite end of the hose that ties into the main faucet feed. The purpose of those check valves is to keep debris out of the head. Both of them just "push" into the hose/wand and can be removed with a flat bladed screwdriver, paper clip, or long nose pliers.

She suggested that when the problem is happening to remove the wand and see if the problem continues. If so then the check valve in the end of the hose is bad or not working properly. If the problem goes away then remove the check valve in the wand and give it a try. It should then work. Once you determine which check valve isn't working properly then you can remove it and give the a call or email and they will send you a new one.

Unfortunately, I won't be using the RV again until we head out for 4 months right after Christmas but her troubleshooting method is logical. If you go onto the Moen website you can get an exploded view parts diagram that shows the 2 check valves.
Blord is offline   Reply With Quote