View Single Post
Old 05-16-2019, 08:45 AM   #15
Ram Montana High Country
Montana Master

M.O.C. #19944
Quote:
Originally Posted by rohrmann View Post
I have never put any sealer on the outside of the seal and have never had grease come out of the seal at that point. Also, these seals are tough enough to remove without any other material on them. I also read that suggestion and just ignored it. We have the hydraulic leveling and I use that to raise the rig when servicing the bearings and brakes. Without that system, you will need to be careful lifting the rig without doing any damage.
I took my neighbors SOB 40' bumper pull to the shop for pre-trip inspection - this unit was 4 years old and had 150 miles after purchase. It was going to be moved from East Texas to Phoenix. The shop said 3 hubs(greasable) had grease soaked brakes and the 4th was rusty. My shop hand packs for $135 for all four and makes sure brake are properly adjusted … I can't do it for that and for another $7.00 have the mandatory state inspection done.
Ram Montana High Country is offline   Reply With Quote