View Single Post
Old 09-27-2011, 05:02 AM   #1
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Aargh... Bummer.

So, I'm awaiting the UPS guy, not-so-patiently, checking the UPS Tracking site about every 5 minutes to see the status of my new window delivery. Hanging around this crummy city of Pocatello, which I am confident is not on anyone's Bucket list. Probably the entire state, at least the part from Butte Montana to Pocatello will not be on anyone's Bucket list.
So, about 5:00 P.M. the UPS guy shows up, saw his truck in my front mounted camera screen, Sue and I ran out to meet him and get the new window. Un-packed it in the living room, got those little foam beads all over the place, they were hanging all over my hands and arms, I then noticed the corner was bent....and it was a single pane, I measured it, wrong width.
I was like a kid on Christmas morning anticipating unwrapping a shiny new bicycle.
No bicycle. Then all evening I agonized about the phone call to old Doug at the window company, little sleep all night.
I just got off the phone with Doug, he couldn't figure out what went wrong, he asked "Did you make the mistake(s), or did I?"
I read off the list of my wants I had on the computer, gave him the order and quote number. He said he goofed up, would call the factory and get back to me.
Now waiting for round 2, hope it goes better. I want my window.
Leaving Potato-land tomorrow for Utah. Pony Express RV Resort, already have a site reserved, miles of bike paths close, should be good for waiting for my second window.
Wish me luck...
Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote