View Single Post
Old 12-19-2010, 09:56 AM   #20
bw2
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5592
The Level Up system was originally available on the Double Tree 'Suite' series. This was a manual hydraulic leg system, with 6 jacks as described in earlier posts. The auto-level feature is fairly new. So the hydraulic legs shouldn't be a big issue as the Suites have had them for 3 or 4 years. I had them added just after the Fall Rally and I received the new legs all around, they are aluminum. This will reduce the weight and issues associated. Now I am not an engineer and have no idea if aluminum is better/worse than steel. I was assured the aluminum legs were better, so who knows?

I have 8 or 9 set up and downs and it does make it much easier setting up and leveling. There appears to be little frame twist and it feels solid once set up. The initial rally price was really good. I believe the Level Up and Big Foot are about the same price, retail, within a couple hundred dollars.

The Level Up uses one pump for all hydraulics, legs and slides. The Big Foot has a pump for each leg. So that may be a plus for the Big Foot vs the Level Up. If a pump is bad it would impact just one leg. Where as the Level Up if there is a hydraulic issue it will impact the entire system.

A company called DABODA designed and made the original Level Ups. It was then sold to Lippert recently. Lippert has been purchasing a number of small RV supplier businesses; Kinro Windows, a RV sink/counter manufacturer, RV doors, bed mattresses, and others. Lippert appears to becoming a conglomerate in RV Supplier.

Just my view and opinion
bw2 is offline   Reply With Quote