View Single Post
Old 03-18-2010, 06:18 AM   #9
BB_TX
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6433
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Coronabob

I am looking at adding the second a/c in our 2009 3000RK. A number of places we stay only have 30 amp power. I was wondering if the front a/c would run on the 30 amp power ? Or is it on a seperate leg of the 50 AMP, so that it doesn't even have power unless it is hooked to 50.
What I would like to able to do is cool the front and not run the rear when on 30 amp service.
Anyone know if this works this way?
When you are on 30 amp power with a 50 to 30 adapter, the adapter connects everything together on the one leg of the 30 amp hookup. So that you will still have power to everything just as if you had a 50 amp hookup, just not as much power to draw from.

You can also buy a "Y" adapter that has a receptacle for your 50 amp cord to plug into, a 30 amp plug, and a 15 amp plug. Typically a power post that has a 30 amp receptacle will also have a 15 amp receptacle. The "Y" adapter allows you to connect to both the 30 and the 15 at the same time giving you 30 amps on one hot line and 15 amps on the other hot line. Have never tried one so can't comment on their usefullness.
BB_TX is offline   Reply With Quote