View Single Post
Old 09-23-2013, 01:07 PM   #27
MIMF
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2827
No Bingo, I'm sorry.....I should have stated that I don't have a washer/dryer set-up. I just simply open ALL faucets as I stated to make sure air comes from all of them.

Something else that many of you may not be aware of. In this day and age of the Pex flexible water lines that is used, if you use air to blow everything out, you do not need to be concerned if there is water left in a line somewhere. Let me explain.

The inside surface of the pipe will be wet. No amount of air will blow all of that out. So, what happens is that, the water will drip and drain down to the lowest point it can travel. It will lay there and eventually freeze. Now, we all learned in 5th grade science class that when water freezes, it expands. Who cares!! If there is room for it to expand up and down the inside diameter of that pipe....it won't break nothin'! Where trouble starts is when the water is under pressure and, it does not have to be under much residual pressure. It breaks things when that water does not have room to expand as it freezes.

Like I said, I leave all of the faucets open and that includes the low point drains. Ain't ever had an issue yet in the 8 years I've done this.
MIMF is offline   Reply With Quote