View Single Post
Old 05-28-2007, 10:25 AM   #1
D and M On The Road
Montana Master

M.O.C. #49
2007 Lake Siskiyou Thanks

What an awesome time we are having here at Lake Siskiyou...... the people, the weather, the camaraderie... THE FOOD!

Another great time with people who all love RVing and the great outdoors.

Due to several changes coming up in the next year to get ready for retirement, I won't be involved in the planning or organizing of the 2008 Lake Siskiyou rally, but we have some great people who have stepped forwards to plan and organize it.

My hats off to Don & Claudia Moore (Searchers) and Roy & Nancy Burk (ToolManRoy). I can't begin to tell you how wonderful they have been to work with these last 3 years and I feel privileged to be able to call them my friends.

The Meet & Greet was a fun time and thanks to Sue & Ed Rowe for putting that together...

The Saturday Night BBQ went off without a hitch.....the "Male Bonding" and the "Women Unite" events were extremely successful, especially when all the women lined up for the food line before the men realized what was going on and all the men ended up at the back of the line. I'd say the women really "united" on that!!....

Our White Elephant Gift Exchange was a hoot! Thanks to Roy & Nancy Burk (ToolManRoy)for organizing it. So many nice presents were exchanged and the lucky winner of the dreaded "Dancing Flowers" was George & Vickie Homer (GHomer) of San Jose, CA. They are well aware of the responsibility of being the caretaker of the flowers and will keep a diary of the flower's life with them and will duly be at a MOC Rally next year to hand them over to some other lucky couple!

After the White Elephant Gift Exchange, we had 'Dancing on the Deck" to music from the early 60's and several couples really got into dancing. Just ask Sue Kane (DDRam)and Mary Kay Hill (PERetired).

Thanks to Sharon Grissom (FireTruckerWife) the "Baggie Omelet Breakfast" was awesome and oh my! the food.... Thanks to all the kitchen helpers like Mariana McCamy, Amy Johnson and all the others who cooked the omelets and "womaned" the kitchen.

Today seems to be a lazy day for most. Lots of the "Social Stroll" is going on and even a few of "It's 5 O'clock Somewhere" is already in progress.

Thank you everyone who helped with all the events and thank you to all who came to the rally. MOC people are the best and it's because of them that these rallies are so successful.

Here's a toast to future rallies and thank you to everyone for putting up with me these last three years.